IWIKU Gaming

Fixing the "Missing Map Error"
In this tutorial I will talking to you about the "Missing Map" Error. Note: In this tutorial I will be talking about 1 specific map, this will be different for other maps and it should be self explanatory to fix it, if not please comment below or message @Aiden#2291 via Discord. Also anything marked in red is a link which may be helpful. Please also make sure that you have tried restarting your device first. If this doesn't work you can always Verify Integrity of Game Files via the Steam application but that usually will not fix this issue.

1. To start go to your Garry's mod homepage and press "Addons".
  2. Then, you're going to want to search for the map you are apparently missing. In this case I am going to be using rp_newexton2 as this is a popular issue with this map.
  3. After you find the map press "uninstall". Do not press unsubscribe otherwise this will not fix the issue.
  4. After doing this open your File Explorer and enter "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod" into the search bar.
  5. This is where most of the magic for Garry's Mod happens so be sure not to delete anything important. I am including this as a step because I know people will mess around with it and it may break your game if you are not careful.
  6. For my map I am going have to press on "download" and not "downloads" or anything named like this.
  7. You are then going to want to press maps.
  8. Once in maps you may see the map that you are "missing". Delete this file making sure that the name is correct.
  9. If your map is not there you're going to have to press "graphs". If, like me, you have a wide variety installed you may be greeted to a big list.
  10. If you have a keen eye you may have noticed that the map I'm looking for is there however there are multiple versions of it. This is why I said in number 8 that you need to make sure the name is correct. In this case I am going to say I am on the newest version of this map which is "rp_newexton2_v4h.ain".
  11. You then need to select that chosen map and delete it.
  12. After this empty your recycling bin.
  13. Now that this is done you can finally resubscribe to the map, wait for it to download and make sure your Garry's Mod is restarted before finally enjoying the server.
If you found me helpful feel free to +1 me.

Thank You,
Aiden Hoyle.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon